- Brenneman Pork recognizes that our employees are the key factor in our success and it doesn’t stop with directly caring for the pigs. Pork production offers a multitude of employment opportunities within the community. We have developed strong relationships with local contract producers, grain farmers, nutritionists, trucking operations, veterinarians, building contractors and like around the community. We believe in supporting local business and stimulating sustainable economic growth.
- Our commitment to excellence doesn’t stop with our animals. We take pride in educating the local and surrounding communities on Animal Welfare and the Pork Industry as a whole, whether serving on the local Pork Board, holding tours of FFA students from Florida or supporting local charitable organizations, Brenneman Pork believes there are many ways to make a difference outside of the farm doors.
We are committed to protecting the environment and being stewards in the communities where we work and live, for today and for future generations. We are responsible for using and protecting the natural environment through conservation and sustainable practices. We make conscious efforts to preserve water, air and soil quality.
Our operation is focused on compliance of strict manure management practices of using and storing manure safely to ensure the protection of the environment and reduction in carbon footprint. Pork production is a leading example of sustainable agriculture – the crops feed the animals and the animals in turn feed the crops.
Brenneman Pork proudly participates in the We Care responsible pork initiative led by the National Pork Board and the National Pork Producers Council. We are dedicated to upholding the Pork Industry’s highest ethical principles and animal well-being practices to maintain consumer trust.
The We Care Program affirms six principles. We at Brenneman Pork acknowledge our responsibility to:
- Producer safe food
- Protect and promote animal well-being
- Ensure practices to protect public health
- Safeguard natural resources in all of our practices
- Provide a work environment that is safe and consistent with our other ethical principles
- Contribute to a better quality of life in our communities
In addition to following the We Care ethical principles, we participate in Pork Quality Assurance® Plus (PQA Plus®), Transport Quality Assurance® (TQASM) and Neighbor to Neighbor programs provided by the National Pork Board, as well as Tyson Foods’ FarmCheck™ Audit Program to maintain high-quality, safe pork production.